My Photo
Name:
Location: New Delhi, India

Sunday, August 14, 2005

My Independence Day


Happy Independence Day!
Obviously, a majority of you would be celebrating Swatantrata Diwas at home, lazing around, spending time with your family, watching patriotic movies or doing nothing at all. We of course, have to come to work (you do get the newspaper on August 16, you see!)
I want to cry out aloud in sheer frustration. I mean, give me a break man! Its a freakin' national holiday for crying out aloud. What the hell do you need a newspaper for the next day??? As if you're all ears for Mr PM's speech. Oh, come on...I know the truth.
You'll go (bag baggage and all) visiting your chacha, chachi, mama, mami and basically every forgotten relation you can think of. Why deny me the chance?
And I'm not asking for much, okay! I too, like a bonafide post-independence citizen of the country, want a decent public (not to mention, paid) one-day-holiday, that's all. I want to close me eyes, without my mind wandering to what story I have to work on next, since the sarkar's too on a legal chutti :)
I want to close my eyes, lie on my bed, fall into deep slumber with the gentle hum of the AC working as a lullaby. That's all. That's what I call life :)

Instead, I'll have to come to work. Work for the edition, which in most probability, most of you won't even bother reading since you would have already caught it on the television. I mean, do you really eagerly await the arrival of the newspaper the next day to see what promises the PM made this time around? No, right. That's exactly what my point is. Why should I slog over something you aren't even interested in? Its bad enough working on a sunday :(
Its absolutely criminal to work on national holidays. Parliament should come out with some sort of legislation against this one too. Prevention of Work on National Holidays (PoWNH) or something. Put the insensitive buggers who expect us to come to work on such historic days, behind the bars and never, I mean never, let them out. They are a threat to national integrity, security whatever...just pack all of them to Tihar. Hold a public hanging. Observe national holiday (of course) and let them die.
If not, I'm off to National Human Rights Commission, wish me luck

3 Comments:

Blogger mad angles said...

I have dedicated more than six hundreen words to the freedom I think I deserve. Really man, sometimes want to just QUIT and LEAVE!!!

4:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For once I had an off. yay!

12:37 AM  
Blogger PS said...

Essar: Yes, yes and thousand times yes

AB: Sigh...some ppl have all the luck :(

5:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home