My Photo
Name:
Location: New Delhi, India

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Love means never having to say sorry...

But that's exactly what he did. He apologised for not being alert enough to see what or how I was feeling. And that hurt. A lot. I am okay with just about everything, but not when he says 'I'm sorry'. It also hurt because it wasn't his fault at all. Me, being the perennially panicky person, blowed a small thing out of proportion, and in a fit of rage, wrote a blog criticising him left, right and centre. I should have known better. He read it, it caused him pain to learn that I felt so neglected. I didn't. I've always been acting like this bratty attention-loving person, while he keeps giving it to me unconditionally. What I went through once I realised he had read it, I'd not forget. But I knew there was no way I could even see this blog again. Let alone write one. Because I felt terrible for writing what I did, for not having a check on my temper. So I deleted all my posts.

However, in the explanations and counter-explanations that ensued, I quoted this line from The Love Story to tell him that no matter what, he never should feel that he's neglecting me because that isn't true at all . Because even if he did, he never has to apologise. Because I'm sure there would be a good enought reason for him doing that. Also, I'm so hopelessly in love with him that it wouldn't matter. I might get as angry but I'd come back to him because I love him and there's othet place I'd rather be. Because without him, I've nowhere else to go.

And the only reason I'm writing again is because he extracted a promise out of me to do so. I'd do anything for him. And mushy as it may sound, I'm happy to have written this because what happened on Sunday left a profound effect on me.

8 Comments:

Blogger mad angles said...

So what did happen on Sunday ;)? (btw, while I was reading this, my seteemed neighbour and ex-coterie queen bee took a peek at this post)

5:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ummm finally u have acknowledged that u r panicky... good...self realisation is slowly dawning upon u...
vids

11:39 AM  
Blogger AB said...

Is it viv, I mean anon? And what exactly has been happening? No wonder your blog appeared so blank. And you do sound so so mushy. Why? Why? Why?

3:09 AM  
Blogger PS said...

Essar: Never mind...

Anonymous: Yes, however, realisation doesn't necessarily translate into corrective action. So I'll still bother you in future ;)

AB: You are a true friend. You are the only one who noticed that my blog was blank. Anways, as to what happened on Sunday, I'll call you and fill you in :)

4:48 AM  
Blogger SwB said...

PS: actually I noticed it first and asked AB about it. But anyway, good to have you back ... And dont go deleting stuff ...reminds me of ... ME :)

5:28 AM  
Blogger PS said...

SwB: I promise I won't :)

6:02 AM  
Blogger mad angles said...

Lol, not that this is some contest of some sort (Whoever noticed that P's post was empty first gets to go to Disneyland) but I did notice it first ;). But techno-unsavvy that I am, I thought there was some well.. technical problem!

6:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok ok saltwater you get the credit for pointing it out(grin grin).

But I did see it. And I thought the same as essar being a technological goof as well;)

1:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home