My Photo
Name:
Location: New Delhi, India

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Travel travails

The stupid autowallahs have become the bane of my existence. Not a single day goes by when I don't get into an argument with them - over money, the route, it's always either of the two irritating matters that make me hate these idiots more than anything else.
So car it is for me. Coz the other option - chartered buses - is almost as annoying. I'd always associated chartered buses with civilised office-going janta, aunty-uncles who were well-versed with etiquettes of travelling together. I should have known better, coz cheaper it might be, it is only second to blueline/DTC buses as far as the crowds go.
I once had an idiot sit next to me...the bugger boarded the bus while it was still waiting to move out of the compound, there were plenty of seats but where did the asshole have to come and sit, right next to me. Put off as I was by that, I forgot about it the next instant. In the course of the journey, this 40–50-something jerk kept pushing against my arm. Needless to say that I was seething with anger. After repeated scowling meant solely for him and even telling him in so many words to sit properly, did he get the message.
And you know what, women travellers shouldn't get any benefit of doubt either. They are not like the OMG-I'm-the-oppressed-babe-in-the-woods kind of traveller. They just want complete and absolute control of the buses they're travelling in. They're the queens of harassment.
They keep their bags on the seats, refuse to remove it to make space for another harried co-passenger. They'll perch themselves in a way, you'd thank your starts you didn't get a seat next to them. And by far the most irritating habit, they'll keep fidgeting. I mean, really, these women just can't sit straight for the life in them!
I'll just drive down....

5 Comments:

Blogger SwB said...

oh no! not a another woman driver hitting the roads! LOL ... good to see you PS! shaadi-biidi ho gaya kya?

10:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can imagine!

1:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm... now where did my earlier comment go? Anyway, so didya or didn't ya - get married that is :)

*tight hug*

8:01 PM  
Blogger SwB said...

oh come on, P ... say something!

9:54 PM  
Blogger PS said...

No, SwB...not yet

take care :)

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home