My Photo
Name:
Location: New Delhi, India

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Bored Beyond Belief

Sometimes, I totally lose it. I mean really really lose it. My present state of mind is of utter boredom. I'm at work, have a copy to sub but what is it that I'm doing - writing blogs instead. Also, listening to irritating neighbours play songs at more-than-allowed audio levels. Actually, I'm also listening to songs but the volume is so low, I can barely make out the lyrics.
My interest in my work right now is zilch. I just wish this day would get over soon, so that I can go home and eat. And sleep. And watch TV. There's possibility of a mall trip tomorrow. I'm looking forward to that. Why? Obviously because shopping for no rhyme or reason cheers me up immensely. Also because apart from the clothes and other knick-knacks that that I'll end up buying, I've haso made up my mind to buy a couple of books. So what if I can get them whole lot cheaper from any of those road-side book vendors in CP? I'm so bored I actually don't care. Have money, will spend.
Anyways, the last time I was at the mall bookshop - Crosswords, I'd seen a copy of Candance Bushnell's Sex & the City. And Shantaram, not Bushnell's but the book otherwise.
Just the kind of stuff that I want to read right now. Funny, frivolous material. In fact, I'm in movie mood too but that'll just have to wait.
And there are no updates on any of the blogs that I regularly frequent. Quite disappointing, if you ask me.

10 Comments:

Blogger ... said...

Helo...just passed by...the last two blogs of yours point that you are out of sync with your job...maybe you should read 'Lust for life' again ( if you havent b4) and seek real peace and happiness. Look for a better profession or change the job...The best form of life is where you actually think and feel that you are being frivolous but others think that you are contributing the most. Cheers...

1:59 AM  
Blogger SwB said...

I'd say Sluts and the City should be more interesting that Shantaram - too much philosophical mumbo-jumbo!

I'm off to Goa with Smokin' Jules today ... where I'll be going after that I don't know.

much love, SwB


PS: how is 'I am not PS'?

4:15 AM  
Blogger AB said...

Madame, I want to buy books too. My broke condition was stopping me so far. But with this month's travel allowance in hand I am rich and excited:-) I will buy a whole lot of chick flicks and feel happy.

And hey SwB, Shantaram is not philospohical mumbo-jumbo. I protest. I can bet upon it that you haven't read it...

12:49 AM  
Blogger PS said...

Raghu: The best form of life is where you actually think and feel that you are being frivolous but others think that you are contributing the most....

Wish could do so, but unfortunately I'm way too sincere (if I say so myself) for my own good. So I'm afraid that's not going to work. Anyways, this too shall pass and I'll be back to normal once more. And ya, thanks for stopping by.

SwB: Actually, I didn't get Sex & the City, I bought Trading Up by the same author. And it's quite directionless to be honest, but then, what else can you expect from life chronicles of a New York model.
Btw, I do envy your Goa trip coz we're getting roasted back here in Delhi. Anyways, I hope you chillout :) and 'I'm not PS' is going just fine, thanks for asking

AB: Yup, I'hadn't had a decent book purchase in quite a while so I said, what the heck!

5:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to have you back again - in blogosphere, I mean.

12:35 PM  
Blogger PS said...

Toeknee: Thanks, what's up with you?

5:20 AM  
Blogger SwB said...

AB: wot men you also! ... I read bludy 600 pages of that damn book before I found out its not an autobiography! That's when I kinda lost interest ... and it was anyway starting to get extremely draggy towards the end. And I believe philosophy should be simple ... not the kind of nonsense you find Kaderbhai preaching.

8:15 PM  
Blogger Rohini said...

This post sums up how I am feeling right now - completely and utterly BLAH! I actually find such days far more draining that days when I don't have a minute to stop and breathe.

4:01 AM  
Blogger PS said...

SwB: Kaderbhai!!! how could we forget him? And his hammer of a disciple Govinda...btw, the book I read, Trading Up-about this Victoria's Secret model and her life in New York was no good either. All sex, sleaze and money...not that I mind it, but very uninterestingly put. what a waste of money I'm thinking. Btw, how was your Goa trip?

Rohini: Thanks for stopping by. I completely agree with what you say. I wonder if this a summer speciality though???

4:48 AM  
Blogger SwB said...

Goa trip was good ... unfortunately all the nanga-punga's had left for cooler climes.

5:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home